Corporate Governance is the framework of rules and practices by which the board of directors ensures accountability, fairness, and transparency in a company’s relationship with its all stakeholders.
We at Shilpi Thapar and Associates believe Corporate Governance provides the structure through which corporations set and pursue their objectives, while reflecting the context of the social, regulatory and market environment. We provide the following services that strive to achieve a high level of corporate governance:
- To provide for a strong mechanism for monitoring the actions, policies and decisions of corporations to ensure alignment of interests among the stakeholders.
- To serve as trusted partners to boards, helping to determine critical business concerns and how best to mobilize their organizations whilst keeping operations running smoothly and efficiently.
- To advise a company to put in place the most appropriate governance methods, based on its corporate culture, size and business complexity.
- To assist the board in devising a good governance policy that helps create long-term value and reduce risk for shareholders and other stakeholders.
- We further provide various advisory services to corporations to improve corporate governance in respect of:
- Balancing conformance (i.e. compliance with legislation, regulation and codes of practice) with performance aspects of the board’s work (i.e. improving the performance of the organization through strategy formulation and policy making).
- Monitoring organizational performance along with ensuring various legal compliances.
- Ensuring that directors have the information they need as better information would result in better decisions.
- Assisting board in building and maintaining an effective governance infrastructure and putting in place an effective mechanism to evaluate performance of the Board and pursue opportunities for improvement.